Do I qualify for Diminished Value? Here’s a quick test to see if you possibly have a claim…
- Was your vehicle worth more than $7500 before the loss?
- Is the cost of the damage repairs greater than $500?
- Are you the owner or leasee of the vehicle?
- Were you hit by another party that has accepted liability of the damage?
- If you were hit by someone who did not have insurance, or a hit and run, do you have uninsured motorist insurance? (if you answer yes to this question count the previous question as a yes also.)
- Is you vehicle either a 2003 or newer, or a highly collectable vehicle like a Porsche 911, Toyota Supra, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Maserati, Lotus, BMW, Mercedes, etc.
- Your vehicle does not have a branded title, or previous damage that is greater than the current damage?
- The vehicle does not have excessive mileage, i.e. 25,000 per year or more.
- The collision happened less than 6 years ago. (Oregon’s statute of limitations on property damage is 6 years)
If you answered YES to these questions, you are a good candidate for a diminished value claim in Oregon. If you answered no to at least one of the questions, please call Ken and he’ll help you determine if you have a claim.